The Department of Canadian Heritage is inviting all artists and content creators to participate in the Canadian Artists and Content Creators Economic Survey. The purpose of this survey is to help create an updated portrait of the artistic and creative community in Canada. This data gathering is important to help ensure policies and programs continue to be responsive to the sector’s reality. The survey will help develop a better understanding of the realities and experiences in Canada prior to and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- writers such as fiction and non-fiction book authors, playwrights, poets, screenwriters, technical writers
- visual artists such as painters, craft artisans, designers, illustrators, installation artists, video game designers, concept artists, photographers, printmakers
- performing artists such as actors, choreographers, circus artists, comedians, dancers, mimes, puppeteers, spoken word artists, storytellers
- musical artists such as composers, musicians, singers, songwriters
- audiovisual directors working in film, television, video games or other digital media productions, including on social media