Are you a B.C. video game studio with products or services targeting China's video game market and are you planning to attend ChinaJoy 2019? If so, you may want to connect with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service as they will be organizing a series of business activities to support participating Canadian companies. This will be taking place from July 31-August 3 in Beijing and Shanghai. The proposed program is as follows:
The Canadian Gaming Seminar (Beijing) July 31:
This is a unique opportunity to extend the reach of participating Canadian companies at ChinaJoy and connect with local companies from Beijing’s gaming cluster.
- Morning: all Canadian companies participating in ChinaJoy featured to local Chinese companies. Chinese participants would be invited through the organization, Beijing Animation & Game Industry Alliance, a body with 100+ gaming industrial members. The venue is the China World Hotel Beijing.
- Afternoon: site visits to two or three large Chinese gaming companies/distributors in Beijing
- Evening: potential networking business reception/dinner
ChinaJoy 2019 (Shanghai) August 1-3:
- August 1: site visit in Shanghai to a major premium game publisher and distributor in China
- August 2 & 3: the Consulate will host a Canadian Meeting Room at the Kerry Hotel (venue for ChinaJoy conferences)*
*bookings (30-minute intervals) are available on a first-come-first-serve basis
Participating Canadian companies can use the Canadian Meeting Room for pre-arranged B2B meetings, which could be set up either by companies themselves or by the Trade Commissioners upon request. Trade Commissioner will be onsite at the Kerry Hotel to facilitate meetings and provide support.
Cost & Registration:
Interested clients are invited to participate in the ChinaJoy and/or Beijing program. Please complete and send the >>> program registration form <<< no later than June 28, 2019 to Ms. Sandra Jiang, Trade Commissioner [email@example.com]
There is no charge to participate in the program but all participating companies are responsible for their own travel and related expenses. Companies are also responsible for their own passes to enter ChinaJoy*. There are no fees to be paid directly to the TCS.
*ChinaJoy Pass is not required to access the Canadian Meeting Room, which is located at the Business Center of the Kerry Hotel
For a ChinaJoy Pass purchase, please visit the official website: http://en2019.chinajoy.net/ and access the purchase app by scanning the QR code. Passes can also be purchased onsite at the entrance.
Embassy of Canada (Beijing)
Consulate General of Canada (Shanghai)