#CRUSHCovid is a great initiative from ESAC and the Public Health Agency of Canada that was created to reach Canadians aged 13-29. By sharing trusted health messaging, the hope is that gamers in this age demographic will continue to step up and help keep each other and our communities safe by encouraging and engaging in four health measures that can stem the spread of COVID-19.
BC's Restart Plan
The government's plan is a four phase strategy that outlines the gradual restarting of the economy. It is a series of careful steps to protect people and ensure that the province can come back from COVID-19 stronger than before. We are now in Phase 3. Click here for further details.
- Public Health Alert: HealthLink BC
- Local Situation: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Global Situation: World Health Organization
- BC Centre for Disease Control: bccdc.ca
- Essential Services - List of Services in BC
- General Info: 1-888-COVID19
- Have symptoms? Anyone with cold, influenza or COVID-19 symptoms can be assessed and get a test. Testing is done through a primary care provider, walk-in clinic, urgent and primary care centre or community collection centre. Additionally, drive-thru testing is available in Vancouver at the St. Vincent's location (4875 Heather St). Click here to see the full list of collection centres in the province.
|Physical Distancing Orders|
- Violations of Public Health Orders can carry fines of over $25,000 or jail time
- Gatherings are banned
- Maintain 2 metre distance from others
- Stay home as much as possible, do not visit with friends (call them instead)
- It’s okay to go outside for fresh air and exercise, but stay away from others
- Self-isolate if you are sick, even if it is not COVID-19
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing and then wash hands immediately
- Consider no longer shaking hands and instead use another form of greeting (fist bump, elbow bump or our favourite, the Spock Vulcan greeting with LL&P)