Are you planning to raise money from BC investors? Or considering crypto assets as a means of generating capital or as a part of your product (e.g. GameFi features)? The BC Securities Commission is hosting this introductory session to provide you with some key background information to consider, and it will cover the following:
- Essential information about raising money from investors in BC
- Crypto regulation in Canada and BC as it pertains to securities laws requirements
- The opportunity to have your questions answered by securities regulators
*free to attend but you must register in advance
- Gordon Smith, Associate Manager, Corporate Finance Legal Services
- Elliott Mak, Senior Legal Counsel, Capital Markets Regulation Legal Services
The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) is the independent provincial government agency responsible for regulating capital markets in BC through the administration of the Securities Act. Their mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. BCSC is accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance, and they strive to make the province a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish.