We are guessing that you probably play video games and watch movies, but did you know that British Columbia is home to some of the world’s most well-known video game, animation and visual effects companies employing thousands of people with all types of different skillsets and talents? Have you ever thought that a career in creative tech might be something you’re interested in?
DigiMusic 2019 is a competition that gives you a small taste of what it’s like to combine creativity and technology, as we challenge you to compose music for one or more short clips of video games and animated movies that are being created right here in BC.
We will accept entries from individual composers (students) as well as entries from groups of up to four composers working together. The competition will run from April 2-30, 2019 after which an expert panel of digital media and music industry experts will assess the entries received, and award a range of prizes to both composers and their schools.
Navigating our materials:
► Students / Composers start here
► Teachers start here
► Competition details can be found here
► Please see the dropdown menus for pages on the key topics (Getting Started, Rhythm, Harmony, Tempo, Melody, Texture & Timbre) and more information on the competition and materials.
► For info on our DigiMusic Team and Judging Panel, click here
On this site you will find:
- A range of videos about working in the digital media industry.
- Details on how to enter the competition.
- The clips that we would like you to try and compose for.
- A range of materials created by music teachers and industry professionals designed to help both students and teachers explore music making for digital media.
- More information about how to get on the right path towards a career in digital media if you find this interesting.
Questions, Comments & Support:
Click here if you have any questions, comments, or are needing support.
DigiMusic Social Media Channels: