Do you have a daughter, niece or sister (8-13 years old) who is curious about coding?
DigiBC is thrilled to announce the CodeForward Scholarship that has been created to help young girls learn new skills in STEM, build confidence, and broaden interest in careers across the creative technology sector!
We are currently accepting applications until June 23 and four recipients will be awarded a scholarship to participate in this year’s DigiCamp Summer: Online Video Game Development Coding Camp for Girls.
- Youth ages 8-13
- Individuals self-identifying as girls (includes cisgender, trans, non-binary, and all other fluid or intersecting gender identities)
- This scholarship will subsidize the full cost of camp enrollment. However, students will be required to prepare their own equipment and a suitable environment to participate in this online camp. This includes a working laptop or computer with mic and webcam functions (tablets not recommended), steady connection to WiFi, access to Zoom, and a quiet space to work.
- Application deadline: Friday, June 23 @ 6:00 PM PST
- Selected winners will be notified by June 28
DigiCamp Summer 2023: Online Video Game Development Coding Camp for Girls
- Four dates to choose from: July 10-14, July 24-28, Aug 14-18, Aug 28-Sep 1
- Held online over Zoom, Mon-Fri, 9:15am-12:15pm
- Taught by UTG Academy instructors
- Suitable for a wide range of novice and beginner coders
- Previous experience is not necessary
The week-long session is project-based, and campers will create a HTML5 game using PixelPAD and Python. Students will be led through the design and development of the iconic game, Flappy Bird, and then get to write code, customize gameplay features, update sprites, re-skin their game, and create a version that is uniquely their own. 🎮