Intellectual Property in Plain English for Business Owners
- Do you create, buy, sell or use intellectual property in your business?
- Are you building a recognizable brand?
- Are you intimidated by mysterious laws and unapproachable lawyers?
It is crucial that you understand that intellectual property (IP) is not only about protecting your own billion dollar ideas, it is also about making sure that your competitors don't use their intellectual property to destroy your business.
Andrei Mincov (http://mincovlaw.com) will deliver a presentation packed with information about different areas of IP, such as copyright, trademarks, patents, industrial designs, trade secrets and talk about the importance of written contracts.
Andrei's promise – all attendees will walk away with:
- 5 big ideas about intellectual property and the law in general that will answer 80% of your questions about IP;
- 5 reasons to register your trademarks;
- 7 one-word shortcuts that will allow you to instantly identify different types of intellectual property;
- specific tools and handouts that will allow you to start building a meaningful IP strategy for your business; and
- an understanding of the intellectual property framework so that you will never ever be intimidated by the unknown.
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. Attendees will have at least 30 minutes to ask Andrei all IP-related questions they have been afraid to ask before.
Andrei Mincov is a copyright and trademarks lawyer with over 15 years of Canadian and international experience. Andrei started out as a copyright lawyer when his father, a well-known composer, heard his music advertising Samsung on the radio. After several years of litigation, not only did Andrei win this case against the radio station, he also became a passionate expert on IP in the process. Andrei has published 2 books on IP and has a PhD in Law from Russia. He came to Canada in 2007 to start his legal career from scratch. After going through 3 more years of law school, Andrei is now an IP lawyer and a registered trademark agent in Canada. He is building a business law firm for clients who value and respect intellectual property as a legal tool for protecting ideas and creativity and delivers exceptional value to businesses and individuals who generate, buy, sell or use intellectual property.